With a clear majority (67%) of the votes, the logo design number 2 is the new logo for the online platform The Indo Project. It’s great that so many people felt involved with us and made their voices and opinions heard. Both logos had their own story and each matched The Indo Project in their own way.
Between August 17 en August 23 over 260 people voted, spanning the US, the Netherlands, Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Denmark, Indonesia, South Korea and even other nations. Thank you all for taking the time to vote and helping TIP as it expands into a new chapter!
Our extreme makeover for 2020 website
As you can see we left the contents the same. The articles with comments were copied. The editorial committee is also the same. What is different?
As part of our rebranding we have a new logo and typeface – which is also used for the headers of posts. The head banner is now a static image. The latest posts can be found under LATEST NEWS (blog articles, news items, interviews, reviews etc.) with the picture of the featured news item. Next to that STORIES – history told through personal stories shared with our audience. Below that you will find our featured video from our YouTube Channel. Check out the message from our Board Members. The EVENTS page: will show the calendar for Indo related events, which is currently under construction. GET INVOLVED: shows how you can be part of the project by volunteering and MAKE A DONATION: shows many ways how you can help with fundraising, like start a fundraiser via Facebook, Amazon.
We trust you will enjoy the new rebranding effort including the new logo and the new website. Let us know what your favorite thing is about the new website! Stay tuned for some great new articles, virtual gatherings and more!
The symbolism behind the new logo explained:
- Flower combined out of two different flowers – the jasmine and the tulip, national flowers of Indonesia and the Netherlands – united in one. All lines lead back to the center. The heart of the Indo community. The Indo project is a collaborative enterprise that is carefully planned and designed to achieve our mission.
- The dots signify heads of people and together with the flower petals they form a human – arms elegantly dancing and connecting.
- There is motion in the design – like there is motion in TIP moving forward.
- The three dots also represent 3 countries where most of the Indo people migrated to: The Netherlands, USA and Australia.
- Waves – indicate the connectedness of the archipelago and continents through oceans… and diaspora traveled over the ocean.
- Initials of TIP.
- The overall styling is inspired by Indonesian Batik patterns.
- Blue color: delfts blue – carried over from our previous logo.
- Circle, light blue: no matter the distance between us, we still share the same sky. Also esthetic reason to make logo stand out more and complete.
- The font is dynamic. The letters have slight variations in size. And the corners are slanted. This give it a rustic feel like hand painted or carved in wood, while still remaining straight and complementary to the logo. It mixes the rustic and the modern.