We are happy to report that because of YOUR interest and support, The Indo Project was able to accomplish much this past year! The organization is truly becoming the portal for Indo history and culture worldwide, especially representing Indos outside of the Netherlands. This is reflected in:
- The growing number of people who sign up for our newsletter and request more information
- The increasing number of stories that are submitted for our Digital Archives
- The success of our petition to get Unbroken shown in Japan, which garnered the support and signatures of Indos worldwide and media attention in the Netherlands. Most importantly…we won!
- The record number of people who came to our booth at the Holland Festival in Long Beach, California
- The second annual Lecture Series: TIP Talk at UC Irvine, which included the screening of Railway Man
- TIP’s involvement as the only Indo Dutch organization in the San Francisco Comfort Women Coalition who received San Francisco’s Board of Supervisors’ approval to build a comfort women memorial.
- Lobbying with groups in Washington, D.C. when Japan’s government is denying war crimes & atrocities
- Continuing the Worldwide Indo Challenge, the unique, groundbreaking research on Indos worldwide
- Receiving a Euroclio grant from The Netherlands to explore the possibilities of building a WWII memorial and/or museum in Indonesia
During this holiday season, please pause for a moment and think about what better gift to give yourself than a donation that will go towards honoring our illustrious past and preserving our Indo heritage for the future. Simply go to this link to donate or mail a check.
Throughout December, upon receiving your donation, we will add your name to the photo below. Or donate in honor of someone’s name. And don’t forget, since The Indo Project is a nonprofit organization, your donation is tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law!
Looking forward to your interest, support and participation in 2016! Thank You!
Priscilla Kluge McMullen
on behalf of The Indo Project Team